Sunday, April 08, 2007

Do this in rememberance

...the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: ‘This means my body which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.’ He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: ‘This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.’"—1 Corinthians 11:23-25.

Easter is celebrated to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus, but reputable sources link this celebration to false worship.
The Westminster Dictionary of the bible says Easter was "originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring know in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre.
The 11th edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica states: "There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament."
Easter was never observed by early Christians and is not celebrated by Jehovah's people today.

3 comments:

blondemom.blogspot.com said...

Hi. I enjoyed your comment. Keep 'em coming

blondemom.blogspot.com said...

I have a new blog: It's called: blondemom.blogspot.com

If you have trouble with that link, let me know.

Sandy

moved with compassion said...

what about passover though?