Saturday, August 01, 2009

Minimum Budget

So, money is getting very tight and I really have to skimp. I keep a lot of staples in kitchen...flour, sugar, oil and spices. I ran out of bread and have no money to get some, so was looking for a recipe for flat bread, since I don't have yeast. Yeast expires and I never seem to use it before it does, so I only buy it when I need it.

I found a nice video showing the ease in making flat bread. I will be tyring it out tonight.



I'm still on the search for a job, but still not bites.

The weather here has been really nice. I can't wait for the heat to be all done, so I can start my winter garden. I didn't have any success with a garden this summer. I got started too late and the heat of the summer was just way too much for the young plants to survive. I was really looking forward to fresh veggies from the garden. Especially tomatoes.

Oh, speaking of tomatoes...out in the field ministry this morning, I met a nice woman named Maria. She wanted to share some of her garden with me. (truly a blessing as food is running low at our house) She gave me a large box full of tomatoes and zucchini and requested I return for more when this ran out. I shared them with another family and still have plenty for the week. A nice sandwich with sliced tomatoes, onions and lettuce sounds wonderful!
This is a nice reminder of how Jehovah takes care of our needs.
Matthew 6:25-34

I remember as a young girl, spending the summer with my favorite aunt at the time, who had a veggie garden in the back. I thought it was wonderful to be able to go out to the garden and pick fresh lettuce, tomatoes and all that was needed for that nights meal. So, every new place I move to, I start a garden. The last place we lived, the ground was just too hard and full of gravel to sustain a garden. The year we tried, the carrots would grow some, but we couldn't pull them out of the ground! We rototilled it an conditioned it before hand, but about the only thing that grew were the green onions and tomatoes. Still that was wonderful. This year will be the first time I try a winter garden.

Well, I'm off to hang curtains.

Have a good day.

No comments: